The soon-to-be-launched EdCan Network continues the CEA’s 125-year tradition as the sole independent pan-Canadian organization connecting thousands of K-12, post-secondary and Indigenous educators with a critical space for open dialogue and consensus-building to bridge the gaps between education policy, research and classroom practice. We do this with our Education Canada Magazine, professional learning programs, fact sheets and events – featuring Canadian and international thought leaders, and courageous educators. Our network cuts through the rhetoric to constantly shatter those long-held education myths by amplifying a pragmatic evidence-based perspective on what really works for providing all students with optimal learning experiences.
The EdCan Network’s Digital Marketing Coordinator manages our social media accounts, member e-newsletters, web content publishing, produces high quality multimedia presentations and reports, and films and edits short videos – in both English and French – to tell our members’ stories, promote our research, events and learning products to grow traffic and entice new members to join our network. The ideal candidate is adaptable, strategic, independent and knows how to leverage social media to build traffic for our content. Knowledge of videography and post-production would be considered distinct assets, or to have the capacity to master these skills quickly and effectively. This could be a telecommuting position for the right candidate residing outside of the Greater Toronto Area.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, execute, and produce content for a social strategy using traffic development tactics informed by analytics.
- Publish content on our website, member e-newsletters and within social channels.
- Design multimedia reports, fact sheets, etc. for distribution
- Curate education research and media and write short crisp descriptive promotional copy.
- Capture and produce a variety of short videos.
- Bilingual (French and English) written and oral
- University/college degree in a communications/multimedia production related discipline
- 2+ years of related project management experience with social media user engagement and/or web content publishing and/or video capture and post-production
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to multiple priorities and deadlines
- Work effectively, independently and with others with minimal supervision
- Well versed in the continual evolution of the latest technological and social networking tools and trends
Some of the following skills and experience would be considered assets for this position:
- An interest in and desire to support Canadian educators and students
- Use of Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and Facebook Insights to inform ongoing digital engagement
- Knowledge of HTML and CMS (e.g. Drupal, Wordpress, MailChimp)
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Filming and editing short video clips using FinalCutPro or similar software
Expected start date: April 10, 2017
This is a full-time permanent position, including a probationary evaluation period. Compensation salary range is from $46,000 - $50,000 per annum.
This position will provide the successful candidate with opportunities to create, design and implement new, exciting digital and social media content for Canada’s education sector. Some travel is required.
Please submit your application – including links to your digital footprint (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) – by Friday March 24, 2017 to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those invited for interview will be contacted.