Brought to you by the Canadian Education Association, the EdCan Network is Canada’s leading source for useful research and professional learning in support of educators driving change in Canadian schools and classrooms. Our Education Canada Magazine, research and events showcase independent experts examining today’s school and classroom challenges with courage and honesty.
The EdCan Network’s Digital Marketing Advisor films and edits short videos, manages our social media accounts and web content publishing, and produces high quality multimedia presentations and reports in both English and French to tell our members’ stories, promote our research, events and learning products to grow traffic and entice new members to join our network.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, execute, and produce content based on our editorial calendar for a social strategy using traffic development tactics informed by analytics
- Capture and produce a variety of short videos
- Publish content on our website and within social channels
- Design multimedia reports, facts sheets, etc. for distribution
- Curate education research and media and write short crisp descriptive promotional copy
- University/college degree in a communications/multimedia production related discipline
- 2+ years of related experience with social media user engagement and/or web content publishing and/or video capture and post-production
- Bilingual (French and English) written and oral
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to multiple priorities and deadlines
- Work effectively, independently and with others with minimal supervision
- Well versed in the continual evolution of the latest technological and social networking tools and trends
The following skills and experience would be considered assets for this position:
- An interest in and desire to support Canadian educators and students
- Use of Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and Facebook Insights to inform ongoing digital engagement
- Filming and editing short video clips using FinalCutPro or similar software
- Knowledge of HTML and CMS (e.g. Drupal, Wordpress, MailChimp)
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 (Photoshop, InDesign)
Expected start date: February 2017
This is a renewable one-year contractual position with a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Please submit your application – including links to your digital footprint and/or video clips – by January 16, 2017 to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those invited for interview will be contacted.